The department provides a wide variety of tests and examinations that delivered through the different specialized clinics in the complex which includes:
1/ Comprehensive ocular Examinations:
– Visual acuity (VA).
– Refraction (To identify the prescription of eye glasses).
– Ocular motility (To check the movement of eyes)
– Intraocular pressure measurement (IOP) (Done by tonometer device).
– Visual field (Examination of the peripheral vision by perimeter).
– Pupil evaluation.
– Color vision test.
– Corneal topography (For mapping the corneal surface curvature).
– Gonioscopy ( A test of the drainage angle, using "Gonioscope")
– Examination of posterior segment, intraocular lens calculation (Using Ultrasound, including A Scan & B Scan).
– Slit lamp examination of the anterior segment.
– Ocular coherence tomography (OCT).
2/ Contact Lens Services
Used to improve vision, protect eye (including corneal ulcer) , and for cosmetic purpose. There are two types of contact lenses in terms of material: hard and soft. Fitting a variety of contact lenses that suit every eye condition, including therapeutic, soft, hard contact lens, besides counseling of patients.
3/ Orthoptics services
Checking binocular and single vision, including all squint examinations, exercises and other Orthoptics services that are provided in Squint Department.
The Optometry Department provides a comprehensive primary vision care that includes; but not limit to: Eye examination and prescribing the eyeglasses or contact lenses as needed to correct the vision defects.
4/ Low Vision Services
Involve: assessment of residual vision, prescription of optical and nonoptical
devices and counseling of patients.
5/ Pediatric varied optometric services
Including different pediatric optometric services.
In charge of the Department:
1/ Elbadri Khalifa – Chief of optometry.
2/ Elham Osman.
4/ Manal Khidher.
5/ Najat Mohammed.
6/ Abda Alagib.
7/ Mayrfat Hamadnallah.
8/ Eman Khojali.
9/ Malka Basheer.
10/ Safa Wagee Allah.
11/ Aziza Mohammed.
12/ Hala Abdulsadig.
13/ Hind Abdeen.
14/ Aesha Yousif.
15/ Nazik Altaib.
16/ Afra Ibraheem.
17/ Aljaily Amir.
18/ Inamullah Sial.
Copyright reserved 2012.Al Basar International Foundation-